Experienced, researched, and written by Graeme Stephens. Updated Last 29/04/2023
How To Remove Tire Marks On Your Carpet?
Try this simple, eco-friendly strategy to eliminate or clean bicycle tire marks from the carpet. Indeed, it will clean your carpet and provide built-in protection against future stains. And it all starts with preventing spots from being tracked inside.
Things Needed To Clean Tire Marks From Carpet
- Clean water
- Simple Green Carpet Cleaner
- Soft, absorbent towel
- Soft-bristled brush
- First, clean bicycle tire marks. Start by spraying a generous amount of Simple Green Carpet Cleaner over the stain.
- Secondly, Dampen a soft-bristled brush with water.
- Work the cleaner into the tire marks with a damp brush.
- If needed, allow the cleaner to set on the stain to loosen the rubber from the carpet fibres.
- When the stain is gone, wipe the area free of the foam with a clean, damp sponge, rinsing often.
- Blot dry using a soft, absorbent towel.
- Regularly spot test in a hidden area to check for colourfastness before starting.
- Also, comply with all instructions and warnings on the bottle label.
Additional Tips And Advice
- To avoid future clean bicycle tire marks and stains, consider placing a decorative rug in front of the chair to protect the carpeting.
- For instance, vacuuming the area after it has dried will help restore the texture of the carpet fibres.
- Using detergents and stain removers without dyes prevents adding another stain to the area. Sometimes coloured soaps can leave a second stain as they turn the room a light shade of the colours used to add colour to the liquid.
- Before using a cleaning product, please test a small spot before applying it to the entire area to ensure it won’t discolour your carpet. Also, check the carpet manufacturer’s recommendations.
Therefore, contact or email us at Steam n Dry Carpet Cleaning Auckland because we have just the solution for eliminating the staunchest marks.