Experienced, researched, and written by GRAEME STEPHENS. Last Update 27/04/2023
Carpet Cleaning Service Method In Auckland
Seeing that Steam n Dry Carpet Cleaning Auckland’s #1 prerogative is customer satisfaction, we only use the most advanced cleaning products and systems to create a healthier home environment for you and your family. We cleaned the recommended carpet cleaning methods by the world’s largest carpet and upholstery manufacturers.
We follow this process:
1. hot water extraction
3. bonnet cleaning
4. foam cleaning and others
Hot Water Extraction or “Steam” Cleaning
Generally, they are known as steam carpet cleaning methods, hot water extraction cleaning, and high-pressure hot water to agitate the carpet fibre and liquefy dirt in the carpet.
Conversely, carpet manufacturers recommend hot water extraction as the preferred cleaning method to invigorate and prolong the carpet’s life. In the process:
- The rug is vacuum-cleaned.
- A chemical is sprayed on and left to bond with the soil.
- Water is sprayed into the mats using a high-pressure jet spray.
- The water was finally removed.
Moreover, we will spray a hot water cleaning solution on the carpet in this carpet cleaning method. And a wet vacuum will immediately extract this. Extraction equipment can be portable or truck-mounted. The latter is more premium in spray pressure, heating capabilities, and power of the vacuum pumps.
Indeed, hot water extraction is often called “steam” cleaning. Then, the temperature of the heated solution never reaches the point to generate steam.
In addition, there are two types of steam cleaning – the smaller method uses a portable machine suitable for high rises or apartments. The bigger and better steam cleaning method is truck-mounted steam extraction.
Shampoo Carpet Cleaning
Subsequently, we will use the cleaning solution to spray onto the carpet through several openings with a circular brush. Likewise, shampoo carpet cleaning was popular until encapsulation technology started in the 1970s. The rotary action of the meeting whips the detergent into a thick foam. It provides an agitation or rubbing effect on the carpet too. It will suspend the soil, and the wet/dry vacuuming will remove it.
Bonnet Dry Chem Cleaning
The method is the most commonly used form of dry cleaning. In this process:
- Vacuum- cleaned carpet.
- We applied a cleaning agent to the carpets. The cleaner has a pad (the bonnet), which rubs the carpet, transferring the dirt onto the place.
- Finally, the carpet is clean.
Indeed, this method resembles the shampooing process, as described above. Next, it employs a rotary floor machine attached to a round absorbent pad on the bottom. The detergent is sprayed directly on the carpet. Also, the shag place rotates on the mats. Thus, it removes the soil when absorbed into the shag pad. The shag pad can be wet with detergent. When one side of the place becomes soiled, we should replace the pad often.
Encapsulation Dry (Absorbent Compound) Cleaning
Foam encapsulation uses synthetic detergents as a base that will crystallise into powder form when dried. In this process, we sprinkle an absorbent dry compound on the carpet. It was removing the soil suspended by the mixture.
Reduce dirt particles in carpet fibre will be encapsulated into powder when the applied cleaning foam dries and, finally, vacuumed or brushed when the foam dries after cleaning.
This type of carpet cleaning method uses detergent in the form of foam. Machines generate a foam agitated on the carpet by brushes and trapped soil by an extraction vacuum pickup.
DIY Carpet Cleaning Rental Machines
When deciding to have a carpet cleaned, consumers have two basic choices:
1. Clean the carpet by D-I-Y (do it yourself) rental units or consumer products.
2. Have the carpet cleaned by a professional/specialist in cleaning and restoration.
3. Uses hot water extraction or “steam” cleaning is the most popular for residential use. Successful cleaning by these machines is mainly dependent on the technician’s experience. Improper application can leave the carpet dry enough. It is causing foul odour and other related problems. Thus, it can happen, especially in repeated, high-volume use or “traffic lanes”. Attempts to clean the carpet repeatedly can cause overwetting and other problems.
The obvious conclusion is that DIY carpet cleaning methods are not a substitute for professional cleaning. Rental units need adequate power, and consumers usually need more expertise to maintain the carpet properly.
The Right Carpet Cleaner
We have established that professional carpet cleaning methods are essential for extending a carpet or rug. Indeed, the question is, how does one choose the right person for the job?
There is no magical, single method for carpet cleaning. All carpet cleaning methods have advantages as well as disadvantages. Moreover, different people can achieve different results while cleaning the same equipment. No technique can compensate for an inept cleaner. Therefore, it is more important to select the right cleaner than the proper cleaning method.
A few carpet cleaning methods can help you make the correct choice.
Affiliation with Professional Organizations
Carpet cleaning is an ever-changing field. New cleaning systems, chemicals, and extra services are introduced yearly. Good professional cleaners keep abreast of such changes and continuously improve their services. It’s much like medicine. Would you like to be treated by a doctor unaware of the new medications and advancements in their field?
Affiliation with professional trade associations goes a long way.
On the contrary, ask the cleaner for the names of previous customers. Later, gauge how reluctant or eager they are to grant your request. And then call the references and find out about their cleaning experience. After that, ask about the cleaner’s appearance, manner of presentation, equipment condition, ability to answer questions, etc. Lastly, find out if the cleaning experience was pleasant and if they would return to the same firm.
- No Cowboys Reviews
- Trademe Service Reviews
- Auckland Steam n Dry Reviews
- Yellow Pages Reviews
- Facebook Reviews
- Auckland Google Review
Carpet Cleaning Tips
1. Circulate the air to speed up drying time. Let’s slightly open a window to let in the fresh air.
2. Do not allow children or pets to crawl or walk on the cleaned carpet for at least 24 hours, preferably longer until the carpet is thoroughly dry.
3. Do not walk on the freshly cleaned carpet for at least 4 hours or more until dry to the touch.
4. Do not remove aluminium or plastic pieces placed under the furniture’s legs until the carpet is dry.
5. Vacuum after the carpet is dry, and then vacuum regularly.
Protect Your Investment
In conclusion, carpets, rugs, upholstery, and draperies are your most essential possessions. You have spent a good deal of money acquiring them. As shown above, protect your investments and take the time to find the right cleaner.
Indeed, you will be surprised at the number of problems that can develop from a poorly performed cleaning. Even though choosing the best carpet cleaning method won’t guarantee the complete absence of the issues, it will significantly reduce the chances. After all, selecting the correct cleaning firm will ensure the highest level of satisfaction.
On the other hand,
- Scrap off any solids. Blot liquids quickly, dabbing lightly with a clean white or paper towel.
- To remove greasy stains, apply a nonflammable dry cleaning agent to the spot with a white towel—work from the edges toward the centre. And then dab gently until the place comes clean. Always pretest any cleaning agent on an inconspicuous part of the carpet and let it dry before continuing.
- Coat less stubborn greasy stains with aerosol shaving cream or carbonated water. At any rate, use a hairdryer to speed dry and then vacuum the area.
- Sprinkle a greasy stain with baking soda, cornstarch, cornmeal, or talcum powder. Leave on for at least 6 hours, then vacuum.
- To remove water-soluble stains, apply some detergent solution briefly, working from the edges to the stain’s centre. Yet, place several layers of white tissues or paper towels over the spot and weigh down with books or pots and pans. Let’s stand for about one hour. Replace with fresh tissues or towels and leave overnight. Then fluff up the carpet pile with your fingers.
More Carpet Cleaning Methods
Follow the tips listed below until the nail polish stain has lifted from your carpet:
Apply a small amount of dry cleaning solvent or alcohol. Yet, use small amounts to prevent possible damage to sizing. Do not use gasoline, lighter fluid, or other flammables in the long run.
Mix one-half teaspoon of white neutral detergent. And a mild dishwashing detergent containing no strong alkali or bleaches. Also, with a cup of lukewarm water.
Mix one part vinegar with two-thirds of a cup of water.
Nevertheless, mix a powdered enzyme laundry detergent solution following the label or box instructions. And allow the solution to remain on the stain for the time the manufacturer recommends.
The final step is to blot any remaining moisture or cleaning solutions by pressing or padding the area. Weight it down and allow it at least six hours to dry.
Follow the tips listed below (in order) until the stain has lifted from your carpet:
Apply a small amount of dry cleaning solvent or alcohol. Use small amounts to prevent damage to sizing, backings or stuffing materials. Do not use gasoline, lighter fluid or other flammables.
Mix one-half teaspoon of white neutral detergent with a cup of lukewarm water.
To sum up, mix one tablespoon of household ammonia with one-half cup of water. The final step is to blot any remaining moisture or cleaning solutions by pressing or padding the area with an absorbent towel. Weight it down and allow it at least six hours to dry.
1. Apply a small amount of dry cleaning solvent or alcohol. Use small amounts to prevent damage to sizing, backings or stuffing materials. Do not use gasoline, lighter fluid or other flammables.
2. Mix one-half teaspoon of white neutral detergent and a cup of lukewarm water. Indeed, the final step for carpet cleaning methods is to blot any remaining moisture or cleaning solutions by pressing or padding the area with an absorbent towel. Weight it down and allow it at least six hours to dry.