Experienced, researched, and written by GRAEME STEPHENS. UPDATED 3/08/2022
Carpet Cleaning Tips in Auckland
You have a lot of choices when selecting a carpet cleaning company for your home or business. It is essential to understand other companies’ different carpet cleaning methods as not all cleaning methods work for your carpet. Here are ten carpet cleaning tips you have to consider;
10 Carpet Cleaning Tips
1. Vacuum regularly
It’s always a good idea to vacuum your carpet every few days. Regular vacuuming removes dust and soil that will sink to the rug’s bottom and degrade the fibres if not removed. Cleaning your carpet will lengthen the life of your carpets. It is getting rid of as much dirt that damages carpets as possible.
Professional carpet cleaning extends the life of your carpet. Vacuuming at least once a week will significantly help towards protecting your carpets. Your carpet looks better after a vacuum but will also prolong its life.
2. Always blot; don’t scrub
If you’ve spilt something on your carpet, grab a clean cloth or paper towel and blot carefully from the outside in to remove as much moisture as possible. Do not be tempted to rub or scrub, as this will only spread the stain further.
3. Clean carpets regularly
Dirt is your primary enemy. Your carpet will attract dirt, allergens, pet hair, lint, and oils. All of these act like sandpaper that will damage carpet fibres.
4. Carpet stain removal
- Blot up what you see off the immediate spillage using a paper towel or clean white cloth.
- Carry on blotting the stain as much as possible on the surface until the colour has gone.
- Make a mix of freshwater and white vinegar using four parts 1.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle over the affected area, a little at a time.
- Blot the area to remove excess moisture and repeat the process until all the stains disappear.
- Place kitchen towels over the area and place something substantial on the towels to absorb moisture and dry the carpet.
- Leave for a couple of hours before removing the kitchen towels. You pulled it successfully if the stain is no longer visible and hasn’t transferred onto the kitchen towels.
- Call a professional carpet cleaner if there are still signs of the stain.
5. Use Door Mats
Doormats make a difference. Placing a doormat at every entrance to your home will help remove a large proportion of the dirt that makes its way into your home. Taking off shoes will also make a remarkable difference in the amount of soil tracked onto your carpets.
6. Avoid shop-bought stain removers
We’ve seen first-hand the damage many of these products bring without naming names. Not just ineffective, they also cause damage to carpets. If you’re unsure about using a particular product, make a mixture of mild vinegar and water or use water for safe carpet cleaning.
7. Rearrange furniture
Rearranging your home furniture will prolong the life of your carpets. Relocating furniture is a pretty simple way to change traffic patterns. Spread the wear and tear among more sections of the rug.
8. Rental carpet cleaners
DIY home cleaning or renting a rug doctor-type equipment is okay for spot cleaning. However, hiring a professional carpet cleaning service for deep cleaning will be essential.
A professional carpet cleaning service can, without a doubt, accomplish a deeper clean. In short, it can help lengthen the life of your carpets.
9. Stain protection
Carpet protection such as Scotchguard helps stop stains from penetrating the fibres of your carpets and upholstery. The product makes it easier to remove stains. It also prevents dry soil from sticking to your carpet and becoming abrasive. If you’ve splurged the cash on an expensive rug, then spending a little more on a protector is worthwhile.
10. Regular Professional Carpet Cleaning Service
Regular professional cleaning is vital. Even though your manufacturer’s warranty recommends cleaning every 18 months, we all know that cleaning every 6-12 months is more desirable. Thus, it is mainly significant to heavy foot traffic locations and families with children and pets.
- Yellow Pages Reviews
- Facebook Reviews
- Auckland Google Review
- No cowboys Reviews
- Trademe Service Reviews
Our 80°C Hot Steam gives you a 5x better clean and stain removal. Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Cleaning Auckland premium services Disinfecting and sanitising.