How To Clean Crayons Off Carpet
Crayon stains are standard, especially in a house full of kids. We probably don’t remember the first time our crayon slipped off the paper and onto Mom’s new rug. But the good news is that our carpet cleaning specialists can remove them. If you have young ones in the house or kids visiting your home, you’re familiar with the paper and crayons that can often take over your kitchen table.
And no matter how hard you try, it seems inevitable that any crayon colours somehow find a way to leave their mark on your plush, clean carpeting. Yikes! Cleaning crayon stains that come off almost any household surface is possible. Your little one just coloured your carpet with a red crayon. So what now?
You may be angry with all the colourful mess but good news! Crayons on carpets and other wax materials are simple to remove. Steam n Dry Carpet Cleaning Auckland offers expert crayon stain removal services in South Auckland, North Shore, East and West Auckland. Following the Environmental Cleaning Guidebook, we are a qualified and trained stain removal expert.
The following procedures on how to remove crayons from carpet or cleaning crayon stains from the carpet.
Things Needed To Clean Crayon Stains
brown paper bag
How To Remove Crayon Stains From Carpet? [DIY method]
- Scrap off the crayon. First of all, you have to scrape off the crayons using a non-serrated knife. Carefully avoid damaging the carpet. Force, as well as pressure, should be continuously applied and equally.
- Iron the excess crayon. After removing most of the crayons, it’s time to deal with the remaining crayon on your carpet. Get your brown paper, and then lay it over the area. Plug your iron, then iron the brown paper.
- Apply methylated spirits or dry cleaning fluid to the affected area.
- Follow-up cleaning. The crayon should be gone once you’ve ironed the affected area. However, there are times when the crayon has gone unnoticed for extended periods and accumulated additional dirt, dust and debris. We have to apply for follow-up cleaning. Grab your multipurpose cleaner, put some of it on the area, and then blot.
- Apply mild detergent. Now, grab your mild detergent and pour it over the area. Blot the room once more. Soak up and repeat so long as there is an improvement.
- Put over a tiny amount of ammonia and then blot.
- Final Rinse. After putting some ammonia on the carpet, you must flood the area with warm water. Right after putting on some water, blot the area to dry. Place over a towel or stack of paper. Primarily you have to add some weights to absorb the water faster. Leave for a few minutes until the carpet is dry.
- It may only be sufficient while fresh.
How To Remove Melted Crayon Stains From Carpet?[DIY Method]
- Take the blue dawn dishwashing solution and mix several drops with a cup of warm water.
- Place a white paper towel over the stained area of your carpet.
- Apply the dishwasher and water solution and let it soak into the crayon stain.
- Take a hot iron (on the low setting) and place it on the towel-covered stain. Let the iron sit for 40 seconds.
- Repeat step 4 several times until the crayon stain is no longer visible.
- Dry the carpet with a hairdryer or a clean towel until all the liquid is absorbed.
Crayon Stain Removal Guide
- Never rub the area once it has stains or wax. Just blot. Rubbing may well spread the stains or wax.
- Never allow anybody to step on the carpet immediately after removing the towels you used to absorb the water. Allow the carpet to dry completely before using it to ensure the rug will not accumulate dirt once we step on it.
- Steam n Dry Carpet Cleaning Auckland stain removal services in Auckland, North Shore, East, West Auckland and Hibiscus Coast.
- Call the expert carpet cleaners!
Experienced, researched, and written by GRAEME STEPHENS. Updated 29/04/2023