Experienced, researched, and written by Graeme Stephens. Updated 29/04/2023
Carpet Spot And Stain Removal Guide
If you have kids, pets, or entertainment, you are prone to deal with stains on your carpet, rugs or furniture. Stains are part of life, even if you don’t have children or animals roaming your home. However, when you come face-to-face with a tough stain on your carpet or upholstered furniture, don’t worry. The pros at Steam n Dry Carpet Cleaning Auckland have just the solution for eliminating the staunchest blemishes. Therefore, see our below Spot And Stain Removal Guide.
Indeed, your resource for conquering the most challenging spots life throws at you, and typical wear and tear and spills and drips can result in carpet spots and stains. Yet, cleaning these small areas is simple to do with a few simple actions. You observed these directions to clean spots and colours to prevent the blemish from looking worn or damaged.
Getting Rid Of Carpet Spots
Things You Need:
Bucket or spray bottle (depending on the size of the stain)
Cleaning product appropriate for the stain type
Soft clothes or paper towels
How To Remove Spots From Carpet? [DIY Methods]
- Remove any solids or excess spills from the carpet’s surface.
- Dampen the area with a small amount of water. If it doesn’t affect the stain, use lukewarm water instead of hot. If the site is extensive, fill a bucket with water and dab it on with a wet cloth.
- Use the appropriate cleaning/stain removal product to the spot.
- Use a clean, soft cloth or paper towel to blot the area by pressing gently on the stained area. You will see the stain transfer onto the towel as you implement it.
- Turn the cloth frequently, so you always utilise a clean towel portion.
- Reapply the stain remover and water as required. Continue to blot away until the stain is removed.
- Rinse the area with clean water once the stain is gone and blot it away.
- Press clean, dry cloths over the area to dry. Apply constant pressure until the moisture is soaked up from the carpet fibres.
- Let the area air dry completely.
- If the cleaned area’s texture appears different after cleaning, vacuum it to return the original look.
DIY Spot And Stain Removal Tips & Guide
- Whenever choosing stain removers, consider the type of carpeting and the carpet colour.
- Stay away from scrubbing or rubbing the carpet while cleaning. Thus, it may push the stain further into the carpet fibres. Indeed, the scrubbing can damage the fibres, making the area noticeable even after removing the spots and stains.