Steam Carpet Cleaning Tips

Steam Carpet Cleaning Guidelines10 Important Steam Carpet Cleaning Guidelines

  • The ideal form of carpet cleaning is always prevention. Using proper care and maintaining your carpet cleaning guide will save you money from buying expensive cleaning products.
  • Certainly not rub rashly and carelessly at a carpet stain. It may only cause it to smear and become permanent. Additionally, doing this will weaken the fibre causing your carpet to wear out quicker.
  • You may have believed you’ve cleaned the stain, but soon after, you’ll see the same making its way to the surface of your rug. To avoid this, cover the colour with a thick cloth and weigh down with something substantial overnight, allowing the fabric to absorb the stain, then clean as usual.
  • By no means use an iron or a hairdryer to dry a carpet stain. It will only seal the colour permanently on your rug.
  • You should steam clean your carpet or deep clean in on the mat as often as needed.
  • You can go in for a non-chlorine bleach or lemon juice and salt solution for coloured fabrics about particularly obstinate mould and mildew.

More Steam Carpet Cleaning Guidelines

  • Take time to vacuum often enough and make sure to do it correctly. Make sure to use it correctly, as the manufacturer instructs you. Furthermore, make sure to keep the bags or containers empty and filters clean as well.
  • As much as possible, use the mildest cleaning products you can purchase on your carpet. Use only harsher ones with stubborn stains and particular spillages. Gentle carpet shampoos are still always the perfect solution.
  • Whenever using a cleaning product, the trick is “read the label and follow the manufacturer’s instruction”. If not, make sure to check the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet).
  • The most important tip of all tips recommended: the proper use of the entrance mat will help clean off people’s shoes and keep most tracked in soils off the carpet surfaces.

Soils in Your Carpet

Around 80% of soils that get into a building or house are dry. The remaining 20% are oils, greases, and also starches. The dry soils are effortlessly eliminated using vacuuming and provided removed every day. It will help decrease the damage.

Why do You Need to Clean Your Carpet?

This Steam Carpet Cleaning Guide’s routine is essential and necessary to do away with these allergens and prevent other organisms, for example, carpet beetles and carpet bugs living in your carpet.

How can Carpet Cleaning Auckland help?

Having a clean carpet is more than only healthy. It can also lengthen the life of the rug. In case you have just laid the carpet, you already realise the cost involved in doing so. But, even though if you have not only done this, you probably understand the advantages of keeping your carpet clean. It will bring more value to the home if it is well maintained. It will help keep the home odour free at the same time by following this Steam Carpet Cleaning Guide.

Contact Us

📞Auckland Central   09 3767007        📞West Auckland      09 8374545

📞North Shore         09 489 7784          📞East Auckland        09 520 0062

📞South Auckland     09 262 0720        📞Hibiscus Coast       09 426 5008

 

BY GRAEME STEPHENS. PUBLISHED 10/12/2014. UPDATED 19/04/2021