Chocolate Stain Removal Tips
Chocolate Removal – are you familiar with that sinking feeling when you find a lump of chocolate pressed into the carpet? Don’t fear much – quickly remove chocolate from synthetic and natural fibre rugs using household products like detergent and carpet cleaning solutions.
Furthermore, irrespective of how hard you try to keep your carpet clean, stains find a way to appear. Hence, a chocolate stain may be the most difficult since it is dark, thick and not easily wiped away. But we’ve got your back here at Auckland Steam n Dry, who work with high carpet cleaning industry standards for carpet maintenance.
Moreover, now that you know more about chocolate’s history, you can learn how to remove a chocolate stain from a carpet and a chocolate stain from upholstery. And we’ll teach you the step-by-step at-home methods you can use to keep your home stain free.
In Addition, with the help of a few everyday household products and patience, you can clean chocolate or lift it in a few minutes.
Remember that the longer the chocolate stain sits, the harder it will be to remove it. Like most carpet stains, the best thing to do is act quickly.
Things Needed To Remove Chocolate Stains
Spot remover (optional)
Chocolate Removal Tips
- Allow the chocolate to dry. Scrape excess with a spoon or blot up with hot water and a good cloth or sponge if scraping is impossible.
- Vacuum the crumbs and flakes with a hand vacuum or hose.
- Switch on the clothing iron to the lowest non-steam setting. Set a layer of several paper towels over the chocolate stain. Then, iron the paper towels to soften the chocolate. The paper towels will begin absorbing the colour.
- Keep the iron temperature steady since excessive heat will melt the chocolate and spread the stain further, but not enough heat will fail to lift it.
- Change the used paper towels with fresh towels as the chocolate soils them. Perform the cycle again, gradually thinning the chocolate layer until the stain disappears.
- Treat any remaining dark spots using an Apply dishwashing solution, water 1:4 parts, or a carpet cleaning spray.
- Scrub the cleaner into the carpet, blot using a clean towel, and let it air dry. If the chocolate stain proves stubborn but in a low-visibility area, experiment with a product advertised as tough on stains, such as OxiClean or Instant Spot Remover.
- Blot dry with a fast colour towel.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 until the stain is gone or not responding.
- Rinse with clean, warm water.
Indeed, Steam n Dry Carpet Cleaning Auckland chocolate removal service in South Auckland, North Shore, East, West Auckland and Hibiscus Coast.
Experienced, researched, and written by Graeme Stephens. Updated 29/04/2023