Experienced, researched, and written by GRAEME STEPHENS. LAST UPDATED 27/04/2023
A Trusted Carpet Repair Company In Auckland
Wrinkles in your carpet are never fun. However, they are typically the result of installation failure or heavy traffic. Here are some basic carpet repairs steps for fixing carpet damages.
Removing Gum From A Carpet:
- Scrape off as much gum as possible with a spatula. Then vacuum any loose pieces.
- Rub any remaining gum using a plastic bag of ice until the gum is frozen.
- Use the spatula again to chip away the frozen gum.
- Carefully apply a small amount of dry-cleaning fluid to dissolve any remaining traces of the gum. After that, blot up the dry-cleaning liquid.
- Blot the area with a solution of 1/4 tsp. of mild dishwashing liquid and 1 cup of warm water.
- Rinse the area thoroughly, but never soak it.
- Of course, use scissors to trim any fabric with gum for basic carpet repairs.
Patching A Carpet For Basic Carpet Repairs:
- Indeed, use a circular carpet patch tool to remove a small section around a deep stain, burn, or tear.
- Peel the cover tape from a piece of double-faced adhesive patch tape. Next, cut it more significant than the hole and fold it to insert it into the hole in the carpet.
- Yet, use the carpet cutter or utility knife to cut a patch piece from a carpet remnant. Then press the patch firmly over the adhesive.
Basic Carpet Repairs For Larger Carpet Areas:
- Cover the place to be removed with a trimmed scrap carpet.
- Temporarily nail or tack the existing carpet around the patch piece’s edge so the rug maintains tension when the lousy part is removed.
- Use the patch as a guide to cut through the bottom layer of the damaged carpet. Indeed, suitable for basic carpet repairs.
- Remove the damaged section and install double-faced seam tape on the subfloor. Or padding around all sides of the hole.
- Position the patch and press it firmly onto the tape.
- Remove the temporary nails or tacks to release the tension.
Repairing A Seam Or Tear In The Carpet:
- Pull the sides of the rug together until they meet.
- Temporarily nail or tack the rug on either side of the tear.
- Next, stitch the carpet with a curved upholstery needle and lightweight monofilament thread. Also, use needle-nose pliers to pull the hand through the carpet backing.
- Then, secure the seam with a final stitch when the tear is sewn.
- Indeed, you also use carpet adhesive to mend the seam or tears. And you are adhering to the instructions on the adhesive package.
- Truck Mount Carpet Cleaners
- Mould Removal
- Disinfecting Cleaners
- Bed Mattress Cleaning
- Bed Bug Control
- Tile & Grout Cleaners
- Persian Rug Cleaning
- Couch Cleaners
- Stain Removal
- Carpet Repair
- Pest Control
- Repair Carpet Layers
- Inside Car Upholstery Cleaning
- Carpet Water Damage
- Pet Odour Removal
Finally, contact us at Steam n Dry Carpet Cleaning Auckland service; we have the experience and knowledge to do even the most complex cleaning. Indeed, our expert training to IICRC- certified as a Carpet Repair and Installation Technician and the Health and Safety Australian Standard AS/NZS.