How To Remove Stains From Your Carpet?
Things Needed For Old Carpet Stains Removal
There are plenty of solutions that you can use around the home. Many from your kitchen cabinets or pantry, such as:
- Microfiber towel
- Spray bottle
- Steam cleaner
- White vinegar
DIY Carpet Stain Removal From Old Carpets
- Cover the stains with a layer of baking soda.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of white vinegar with one qt. of water. Shake very well to mix. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and thoroughly saturate the stained area. Spray With Vinegar-Water. Furthermore, this method works best on water-soluble stains, such as fruit juices, soda or dirt. Let the mixture soak for a few moments to penetrate the fibres fully. Next, gently blot the area to absorb the liquid and the stain using a microfiber towel. Allow the area to air dry. In case the colour remains.
- Add a tablespoon of ammonia to the mixture, then shake to combine—blot using a cloth to remove. If the carpet is white, you can use chlorine bleach instead of ammonia, but never mix the bleach with ammonia. If you use bleach, apply a bleached drop to an inconspicuous area to determine how it will affect the carpet.
- Wait a Few Hours, then dab it with a towel.
- Apply heat to remove oily stains that are not water-soluble. For instance, apply the warmth of a hairdryer onto the stain and blot using a paper towel. An alternative is to lay the cloth over the colour and iron it away to absorb the stain.
- Rent a steam cleaner. A steam cleaner can be a highly effective solution for stains when all else fails. These cleaners use heat and non-chlorine cleaning detergent to power through a large selection of colours.
Stain Removal Tools
Spray bottle. Spray it on the old stain. Saturate the colour if you must loosen up the stain’s particles. Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes. You will need a little bit of elbow grease now. Use a stiff brush to work on the stain to help it loosen up. Then use a steam vac to suck up the peroxide mixture from the carpet. You may also use towels and cloths to absorb the peroxide. Your carpet should look clean and stain-free.
Soda is another famous cleaning agent. While best used on fresh stains to eliminate set-in dirt and even bloodstains effectively. Spray club soda on the colour and leave it for a few minutes. Work it with a brush or steam vac to remove the stain.
Steam n Dry Carpet Cleaning Auckland stain removal service in South Auckland, North Shore, East, and West Auckland.
Carpet Stain Removal And Carpet Cleaning Auckland 5-star Reviews
- Auckland Google Review
- Yellow Pages Reviews
- Facebook Reviews
- No Cowboys Reviews
- Auckland Steam n Dry Reviews
- Trademe Service Reviews
Homemade Oil-Based Dry Solvent Stain Removals
Indeed, if the ready-made products don’t work, you can also try making your cleaning solution at home—Mix ¼ tsp of liquid dishwashing soap with 1 cup of warm water. Do not use detergents that have bleach in them. And spray the soap solution on the stain. After that, extract the colour using your steam cleaning vac or shop vac, towels, or any piece of cloth.
Another homemade solvent consists of a cup of water and two tablespoons of ammonia. Apply, extract, and repeat. Alternatively, you can try mixing a cup of white vinegar with 2 cups of water and applying the same procedure.
Tips For Using Oil-Based Dry Solvents
Work from outside the stain towards its centre when using solvents to clean new or old stains. It prevents you from spreading the colour and damaging the carpet. The process should involve applying the solvent, blotting it with a cloth, rinsing, and extracting it.
Wine Stain Removal Tips
Moreover, one of the most common sets of old stains is red wine spills. Hence, a common trick to remove red wine stains is, believe it or not, applying white wine. And the white wine will recreate the stain’s initial occurrence, making removing the red colour more comfortable, always remember the drill: apply, extract, and repeat. You may also include a spot cleaner to aid in the process. Finally, rinse the carpet thoroughly and let it dry out completely.
Is that old carpet stain still lingering? For more advanced carpet cleaning that requires more in-depth, professional care, consider Steam n Dry Carpet Stain Removal Auckland service. Remember to check our discount on cheap carpet cleaning.
Remember always to do a spot removal test on a portion of carpet or upholstery that is usually not visible. These suggested treatments only, and Steam n Dry Carpet Stain Removal Auckland service can’t be held accountable for any damage sustained using the procedures in this spot removal guide.
Experienced, researched, and written by Graeme Stephens. Updated 29/04/2023