PET URINE STAIN AND ODOUR REMOVAL GUIDE
Among the hustle and bustle of your daily life, keeping your house clean is no easy task. Tidying up is one thing, but pet urine stain as well as odour removal? Now that requires a bit more work, depending on the type of stain and the surface you’re working on.
WHAT IS PET URINE?
We all know pet urine stains are far from appealing. Both the stain itself and the odour it produces are certainly not shy about sticking around. But why is removing pet urine stains and odours so tricky?
By definition, urine is a waste product containing ammonia that both humans and animals expel.
TYPES OF URINE STAINS
The most common types of urine stains occur on the following surfaces:
- Pet Urine stains from carpet
- Urine stains on upholstery
- Pet Urine stains from mattresses
- Urine stains on clothing
See below Carpet Pet Urine Stain Removal Guide from the Professional Stain Removal Auckland Steam ‘n’ Dry 1988. Remove rust stains in carpets cleaning. North Shore, West South.
Removing Pet Urine Stains Guide DIY
- Soak up and blot the spill.
- Apply tested cleaning solution.
- Leave the solution for 5 minutes or more.
- Rinse with cold water; cover with a white paper towel.
Try our products with breakthrough technology to quickly remove tough stains and protect your carpet from re-soiling.
Mix 1/4 teaspoon mild liquid dish soap with one cup of warm water.
Mix 2 tablespoons of white vinegar, together with, 4 cups of warm water.
Whether you’re potty training a toddler or you have dogs or cats at home, removing urine stains isn’t the most pleasant thing in the world to do. Nevertheless, accidents involving urine require quick and effective cleanup.
With Auckland Steam ‘n’ Dry 1988 guide to removing urine stains, we’ll help you get your carpets, mattresses, and upholstery back in shape.
Remember always to do a spot removal test on a portion of carpet or upholstery that is usually not visible.
Dog and cat urine should be removed from carpet immediately if your pet accidentally discharged the call of nature on your carpet since it is so odorous. In addition to that, fresh urine is better to remove compared to a very stinky old urine. Listed here are the measures you can do to clean urine or remove from carpet.
Carpet Rust Removal Guide – Professionals Stain Removal Auckland Steam ‘n’ Dry 1988. Remove pet urine stains in carpets cleaning. North Shore, West South
Getting Rid of Pet Urine from the Carpet Do-It-Yourself
Directions to Clean Urine:
- It would help if you looked at the area first. Assuming the pet urine is new, you should try absorbing the remaining urine by using paper towels or any clean towels. Place plenty of paper towels over the area as much as possible to extract the remainder of the pet urine. Should there be the presence of urine, you need to repeat the procedures until urine vanishes. Urine: Apply an enzymatic cleaner, available at pet supply stores or co-ops and other natural retailers.
- Combat against odour. At this point, to fight against the smell of your pet’s urine, you need to get your carpet cleaning solution ready. Now, we will be using white vinegar. You will need to prepare 50 per cent of water versus 50 per cent of water. You can also purchase some enzyme-based solution rather than vinegar. Enzyme carpet cleaning solution could even break down the acids from pet urine as well as combat with its odour.
- Apply solution. Following the answer in step two, you have to apply this specific solution to the carpet urine. You can use bottle spray to spray it over or use a sponge to spread or squeeze the solution. Allow the vinegar solution to penetrate down the carpet up to the carpet pad. Vinegar combats and neutralizes the ammonia for pet urine stain and odour removal.
More Ways for Pet Urine Stain and Odour Removal
- Rinse off the carpet through spraying the area with water then blot it with clean towels to extract or absorb the water on it.
- Smell the carpet. If you still smell the pet urine odour, you might want to add vinegar solution again. Repeat procedures 3 to 5.
- Dry the area. Once you have checked the smell and knowing it’s gone, it is time to dry the area. You may put your towel covering the area with matching weights over the towel. It helps make sure the towel will absorb the water, even the ones on the carpet’s deeper area. Leave it for some time and come back after several minutes.
- Vacuum the area for final dry and to restore the carpet’s texture.
Pet Urine Removal Tips and Guide
- You may use any enzyme-based odour neutralizers from any stores as an alternative to using vinegar. However, if you would like to save then, vinegar will do.
- Do not be bothered by the vinegar odour. Yes, it is somewhat stable for a moment but will later abate and will ultimately be gone.
- Do not ever use solutions or carpet cleaners with ammonia. You have to keep in mind that pet urine has ammonia. If they still smell the odour of ammonia, then it’s likely that they’ll urinate on the area again and again.
- To avoid any pet urine on your carpet, you’ll want to train your pet dog or pet cat to urinate in a designated area. Pets are smart, so there could be no reason to fail after quite a few training.
- Dispose of your rubbish correctly. Be sure no trace of ammonia is left.
- If ever you aren’t sure how to clean urine from pets. Or if the affected area is more significant, then you should call for our help, the professional carpet cleaners. We are experienced enough on how to remove and clean urine from the carpet.
Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Cleaning Auckland premium stain removal services in South Auckland, North Shore, East, West Auckland.